We are what we pretend to be,
so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.
Yes, I slipped out. Again. It feels OK though. The thing is – writing (or blogging) should be fun, otherwise I don’t see the point… Any activity should bring joy, and if it doesn’t – do something else. That’s Ray’s rule.
Switch off – switch on.
I never wanted (or dreamed) to become a writer. I love to write, of course, but only when it suits me. I’m not the one who is waking up 4 AM and running to the writing desk with a hundreds of ideas to fill up pages with … a certain number of words. It simply doesn’t work for me.
What works? To chill 😂 and share the latest news:
1. I have found a new place to eat – a stone’s throw from Vasteras Cathedral – Café Malin – housed in the old Senate House, dating from the 1500s (7 minutes from my house!). They make awesome soups and home made cookies/cakes. Getting fat just by thinking about it, aaaaa! 🤪🤐
Today’s soup -> fish soup with tomato and soybeans.
Let’s go get it!
2. I’m walking every day 12- 20k steps.
3. I started to listen audio books (I guess because I’m walking a lot). So far – only Agatha Christie’s books, only female voices, and only in Swedish.
4. I got Alexa 😂 She is quite stupid, but she never forgets anything, perfect timer for tea and she can read, play music for my dogs, guided mediations for me, any podcasts and switch off/on the lights. Ah, and of course, she know everything about the weather and food!
Next step – robots who can clean and cook?
Because I need one!
5. I’m going to Gothenburg – BOOK FAIR, 26 September 2019 (length: 4 days, but I’ll stay only for 2). Just to look around… I’d like to see how it goes (practically), because maybe next year I’ll order a book stand for Ray there.
Right now – I’m planning to visit exhibitions, CrimeTime seminars.
6. As you know, I’m sending So Absurd It Must Be True to Frankfurt Book Fair (without Ray lol), with IBPA team. I prepared the book flyer (useful in any case, even for book 2), info about the book, author and sent the copy to IBPA’s team (I’ll share book flyer in the next post).
I may go to Frankfurt in October though, just to take a selfie with my book 😜 and spread my flyers around 😂!
7. A couple of days ago I fell down the stairs (with my dog in my hands). Dog – survived, just fine, but I have problems with my right hand… so, it is slowing me down a bit.
But Ray is unbreakable!
8. 21 September – a Wine Trade Show in my city… ta-ta-ta-ta, I’m going there! With my family and guests (I have guests that weekend).
9. I got a camera with 2 pro macro lenses. Taking pictures of the slugs in my yard. I may share some later.
10. Found amazing (cool) book in the library …let me share a picture 😂
11. My poetry book will be published in October, as I planned. I still need a good blurb and a cool book cover.
12. Deleted my FB page (personal). In the age of ‘Online-Life’ all we do is presenting ourselves to outside-world, but in reality we are usually one step behind of what we ARE. There’s some kind of permanent gap between what we draw and what is real.
The online – profile of your best friend is NOT your best friend.
And the status update ‘sitting in the park’ is NOT a day in the park.
And your desire to tell the world HOW HAPPY YOU ARE is NOT how happy you are… (from the book of Matt Haig)
…And tough Ray NotBradbury is not THAT tough – just a girl 😱😂
Remember to spend more time in Presence, NOW, T-O-D-A-Y!
Next post – damn, Trotta… from The Pearl Territory is coming soon. Very SOON!
Write quickly and you will never write well;
write well, and you will soon write quickly.