‘Wait, another year? I get to do this all over again?’
I imagine you’re having that internal monologue as you clutch tightly to your old blanket, pondering about the last 365 days. But face it, folks. Away with the denial. 2019 is here, and would be for a while yet!
If the idea of a new year fills you with angst, then one of two things happened in 2018 – either you had such a fantastic year that you’re sad it’s gone, or you can’t bear to have another year that sucked so much. But whichever category you belong to, you really should benefit from a quick year 2019. Why? Because a slow year often is a suboptimal year.
So how can you make 2019 run faster? Let’s check out some key ways:
• Stay Busy – nothing makes a year drag along like when you’re unengaged for large portions of it. So, get working, buddy, and watch the months race by like a dog just out the shower. See you in 2020 🐎 🏃🏻♀️🏃🏽♂️🐕
• Visit Friends – make it a duty to visit at least 20 075 (55 a day) people this year. Just kidding, no need to do that except you’re the pope. But you get the idea. Visit as many genuine friends as you reasonably can. Make new friendships and strengthen old bonds. This also includes cutting toxic ties which may drain you. Don’t have any friends? No problems, go visit Rays blog! Ray is 55 in 1 – #winwin.
• Learn something new – whether it’s a new language or some random new skill (gin tonic-making skill, 5 years of eating a large pepperoni pizza alone, posting selfies on insta 367 days a year without anyone noticing), acquiring a new proficiency can often help condense time. Ray won’t advice you to get a gym subscription, get those beautiful Maldives-tan lines or read books unrelated to your field. Because Ray knows you, lazy ass. But simply to look at the gym subscription at least once a day (during full English breakfast?) would speed up the year, I promise. Ha ha.
• Set goals/targets – let’s face it, you could have so many lovely ideas about how you’d like the year to go, but without goals, they’re at best ‘wishful thinking.’ Having goals help to fragment the year into more easier units which help both to meet targets, and also to help speed up the year. Ray’s suggests: set hundreds – achieve one. Does it work? Don’t know yet. Let’s check in 2019!
• Love yourself – be crazy about yourself in the new year and watch it blitz through in unimaginable ways. You should be your first love (where Ray is #second). Having a positive outlook on life helps make each day amazing and memorable, which in turn helps the year go faster.
If you are quite observant, you might have noticed that most of the ideas written here are just tips on improving yourself and enjoying the process. It’s important that you get things done in the new year with an attitude of maximum positivity. Make sure the year is filled with joy and happiness and you’ll be grateful for the ride. As the saying goes, ‘time flies when you’re having fun”. Ray’s blog is one great way to achieve THAT FUN and I’ll be here to make sure of it.
Cheers to a great 2019!
#guestpost Happy New Year! 🎈🎊🎆
Next post — ”The Pearl Territory” charter 4