The one-month-long vacation is over and the reality of “damn, Ray… are you going to edit the book?” is here, slapping my face with a warning of fast-approaching deadlines.
In a world of Indie Publishing, jam-packed with frustration, chaos, confusion, anxiety, and laziness, it’s really hard to stay on track 24/7.
Things to remember when you need a push:
- No one cares! It is you against you.
- Every indie is an entrepreneur.
- Why do you want to tell the story?
Think: what’s the issue you’re hoping to solve or the gap in the market that you are hoping to fill? I want you to think this way because this is the only way to succeed.
- Why people need this product = your book?
We, writers, are transforming people’s lives – one word at a time. We came to this world to create a positive change within ourselves and the world around us.
You can do it by telling a great story, your story! The one that moves, inspires, enlightens, scares, shatters to pieces or fills with laughter. Pick up your lazy, tired, frustrated ass and move where you want to be – emotionally, financially, creatively and spiritually. Find and show the real you!👽
- Obstacles (in our case – unedited book) are opportunity to confront your daily chaos, thoughts, and reactions. The bigger the obstacle – the merrier! The bigger the obstacle – the more you can change! That means you have to work harder and without any pause or distraction. Yay? 💃
!! Do you feel the Joy of a Real HUGE HEAP of Work, lying ahead of you? Time to start the Battle against your lazy murky hell-of-a-mind! Resist Laziness, Ego, Insecure impulses, Judgement, Expectations, Lack of Confidence, Doubts or Selfishness!
If the outside message is: ‘You can’t write; you are a disaster; I don’t understand a word; out of standard; not good enough”.
Your attitude should be: “I’m writing the things that matter to me, my world, my happiness, and joy… so fuck, no! move on, you are blocking my LIGHT!”
Wake up, Writing WARRIOR!
Pick up Your Writing AXE 😂
- Choose your own pace. I’m working in chunks: all or nothing. I always did so and I know it works for me. What works for you?
Wake up at 3am?
Typing in bed at night, squeezed between the books?
Writing during sex breaks while sipping wine?
- Publish that damn thing! Get yourself freeeeee!
The latest news:
- I finally sent the book about snail Nari (book for children 7-12yo) to the team of my Swedish illustrators. They’ll create 20-25 images and the book cover. The text is ready.
- The thriller “Sophia von X” will be published in February. I can’t tell the exact date, but I have the ability to work very hard during a short period of time… so, no worries! The print cover is ready.
- If you are waiting for the “So Absurd It Must Be True” book 2 – it will be online before 1st April.
This year is crazy for Ray again – planning to publish 5 or 6 books. I’m going to slow down in 2021 though and publish only 1-2 books a year (I hope🔫 or kill me 😂).
Thank you all for a great support! I’m truly grateful to all who bought (and buying) my books and left the reviews. My first book “So Absurd It Must Be True” celebrated 1 year on 23d of January 2020. It got 29 reviews on Amazon (which is right now my main selling store) and 4 stars in snit. 💣💣💣
I’ll be here to entertain you… at least until May!
Ah, looking forward to that May-break already… so ray* 😂💃
Next post – The Mystery of Deja Vu