A new challenge for this week: 16 july – 22 july. Have fun!
- Pick any famous couple from the past (By past I mean: any couple from 1880 – to 1980).
- Explain shortly your choice (you can add photo if you like).
- Add the quote from the ‘famous couple’.
- The style and the genre of the writing – any.
- Nominate up to 3-5 blogs. Link to the page that nominated you. Have fun!
x x x
Jean Paul Sartre & Simone de Beauvoir
As we know, Jean and Simone did not desire to have a conventional relationships, that’s why they initiated some kind of a “transparency pact”.
They believed that the marriage deforms the character and creates the addiction. The wrong kind of addiction.
The main rules:
- You can’t own the person
- You can have sex with other people, but our ‘existential love’ belongs to each other
They would be allowed to live their lives, free to take other lovers and live where ever they pleased, as long as they told one another everything. And they did. Almost 51 years.
It gave them the freedom they wished, but to what price?
‘We were always free to pursue any desire that we felt was important to us. To have such freedom, we had to suppress or overcome any possessiveness, any tendency to be jealous. In other words – passion. TO BE FREE – YOU CAN NOT BE PASSIONATE.’
The quote from Simone:
ANYONE can pick the challenge! Link to my page if you’d like me to read your ‘choice’.
Here you can see the plan for the common week: Weekly Teaser
Do not forget that I’ll blog only 2 times a week (during summer).
Have a great week ahead!
Next post – Psycho-Logical Tale ‘The Art Of Charm or How To Have Swagger’
Living in Sweden. Awesome. Happy. Writing. Ayurvedic food. Healthy lifestyle. Dogs. Literature. Drawing. Meditation/Yoga.