#coolprompts for this week: 9 July – 15 July
Read 10 phrases/quotes of Nobel Prize Winners. Pick one and use it in your text/writing.
To participate: post a story, poem or flash on your blog, tag the post – #coolprompts, pingback to Ray’s post (or any last post on RayNotBradbury’s Blog), if you want me to come over, read and comment. Any genre/style is welcome! No boundaries at all! It’s OKAY to bend the rules. Have fun!
x x x
1. Stealing isn’t so easy, often it’s hard work, otherwise we’d all be doing it. Elfriede Jelinek
2. The truth isn’t always beauty, but the hunger for it is. Nadine Gordimer
3. The future happens. No matter how much we scream. Derek Walcott
4. Beyond myself, somewhere,
I wait for my arrival. Octavio Paz
5. Silence is also a form of speaking. Herta Muller
6. No one and nothing can harm us, except what we fear and love. Sigrid Undset
7. The life of man is so short that ordinary people simply cannot afford to be born. Halldor Kiljan Laxness
8. I wish you were here, dear,
in this hemisphere,
as I sit on the porch
sipping a beer. Joseph Brodsky
9. I love beauty. But I like the beauty accidentally, not dished up, served up on a platter. Wole Soyinka
10. All I know is a door into the dark. Seamus Heaney.
My own example will be posted tomorrow. I’ll use #3 from the list.
Go ahead – write, write, write!
P.S. I have guests, arriving this Wednesday. They will stay 3-4 days. I’ll try to post as often as I can = hopefully daily. The plan is HERE
Next post – ‘I see things as they are’, for #coolprompts
Living in Sweden. Awesome. Happy. Writing. Ayurvedic food. Healthy lifestyle. Dogs. Literature. Drawing. Meditation/Yoga.