“Exercise the writing muscle every day, even if it is only a letter, notes, a title list, a character sketch, a journal entry. Writers are like dancers, like athletes. Without that exercise, the muscles seize up.” Jane Yolen
I feel Ray is out of ‘shape’ lately. But I’m going to blame the last days of swedish summer… It’s still warm, sunny and green!
Hot News Alert: I’m sitting outside with my dog Sky. She is saying to me ‘I wrote a book.’ Pause. I’m trying to digest the thought of
1: ’my dog is a writer – Yay or Nawww?’
2: ‘Is it about me?’ And then I’m feeling bad about my own second draft and lazy-ass-Ray who isn’t doing enough to finish that damn Dulcinea-story.
Look and Learn, Ray!
Your dog wrote a book!!!
“Sometimes a book isn’t a heartbreaking work of staggering genius.
Sometimes it’s the only story you knew how to tell.” Tahereh Mafi
x x x
Why We Are Here: I’m going to share some blogs I read (okay, not that often, but as often as I could) and the posts I liked or found interesting, cool, touching or ‘new’:
1. K. M. Allan Blog – ‘The 5 Stages of Rejection Letter Grief’
2. K. L. Kranes Blog – ‘Writer Confession: Let’s Be Honest…’
3. N. L. King Blog – ‘Why Does Rejection Hurt So Bad?’
4. Kaylena Radcliff Blog – ‘Friday Frippery: Famous Authors’ Rejections’
5. The BookWorm Drinketh Blog – with awesome post ‘Do you know what your kids are playing?’ I don’t have kids, and I’m not into games, but it was fun to read 👍😃
6. Lize Bard – with Haiku Out Of Africa
7. H. R. R. Gorman – Dying with Taste: Southern Funeral Traditions (I loved the post ‘A moment of despair’, but I couldn’t find it 🧐😱)
8. Waking Up On The Wrong Side Of 50 – this blog is absolutely great, you’ll enjoy every post. Time to find out what unites Einstein and writing tips.
9. Laura and Charlie – this post is a #must, because the dog is too cute (meet Charlie!) 💕
Someone said (nope, not my dog 😂) that the best way to end the story is to end with an image and do not explain. Here’s the image…
PARKING IN SWEDEN (taken by me: my street)
Next post – #coolprompts ‘When dialogue fails’
Living in Sweden. Awesome. Happy. Ayurvedic food. Healthy lifestyle. Dogs. Literature. Painting. Meditation/Yoga. I love my life.
"It does not matter how long you are spending on the earth, how much money you have gathered or how much attention you have received. It is the amount of positive vibration you have radiated in life that matters" A. Ray