“If you’re still breathing, you have the power to lead your life.”
The No-Excuses Mindset
There are 5 basic principles of a proper yoga practice:
- Proper breathing
- Proper exercise
- Proper diet
- Proper relaxation
Notice that ‘breathing’ is first!
According to the Bhavana Upanishad, the full monthly circuit of the moon represents the 21,600 breaths a human being would normally take in a day. Indeed, the continuum of life depends on the breath. The pranayama practices set out below are especially geared to recharging the feminine life force. Constant practice will help you strengthen your prana (life force), rebalance your hormonal system, and rejuvenate your womanly emotions and spirit.
1. It quickly balances energy and stabilizes moods.
2. Beneficial in treating a range of stress related disorder.
3. It helps relieving the symptoms of asthma.
4. Regular pranayama causes change in the cardio respiratory system including lowering of blood pressure.
Anuloma Viloma- Practice
- Start with a few minutes of ‘Deep Belly Breathing’
- Block your left nostril with your right ring and pinky finger, and inhale through your right nostril
- Then block your right nostril with your right thumb and exhale through your left nostril
- Continue alternating right and left nostrils for approximately 5-to-10 minutes. Be sure always inhale through the same nostril from which you just exhaled.
If it seems too complicated – try ‘Deep Belly Breathing’:
Lie on your back with one hand on the chest and the other at the bottom of your rib cage (just above the belly).
Inhale into your belly – feel it raising.
Allow the breathe travel slowly to the diaphragm – and into the chest.
Continue until the mechanics of the breathing begin to feel natural to you.
Information from the book of Maya Tiwari – ‘Women’s Power To Heal’
Image – Google
Next post – ‘Spin a Story’ Challenge
Living in Sweden. Awesome. Happy. Ayurvedic food. Healthy lifestyle. Dogs. Literature. Painting. Meditation/Yoga. I love my life.
"It does not matter how long you are spending on the earth, how much money you have gathered or how much attention you have received. It is the amount of positive vibration you have radiated in life that matters" A. Ray