“Isn’t it strange that in order to be happy we have to ignore all the sadness in the world at that moment? Isn’t it strange that in order to be happy we have to unremember a lot of what we already know?”
Because I’m lazy I’m going to write this quick post. I think the next will be the story… have an idea, but don’t feel like writing it yet 🙂
1. I think I’m fortunate. I feel fortunate because I have what I have.
These things may not make someone else feel fortunate, though… But I’m happy with what I have.
People will have different answers to this question – “Do you feel fortunate?” based on life experiences, spirituality and mindset. One person might feel fortunate just to have a roof over their head, food on their plate and shoes on their feet. The next person might feel fortunate only after dropping a couple million dollars on a new yacht. The determination of ‘fortune’ is in the eye of the beholder.
2. I’m often reading 30 % of the text. I call it 30-70 rule. I can listen sometimes only 30 % of the conversation too. Some books I’m reading with 30 % rule, but if I really like the book or think it is something different or it touched my heart some way – I read all 100 🙂
3. My fav song “Stand by me”, my fav movie “Gone with the wind” (I simply love Rhett Butler)
4. I’ve been married 3 times: 1-1-10 (in years)
5. We all know: “Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.” But yeah, I’m probably judging you. At least in my head. Haha
6. My drinking limit – 2 glasses.
7. I’m a city-girl. I can’t swim, I can’t use bicycle, I can’t play any musical instrument, I can’t drive. I know nothing about cars, and honestly…they all looks similar to me. I do not like speed, I don’t like cola and ice-cream. I never have ice cream at home. I do eat it when travelling tho.
8. My fam is kinda small. Relatives from my side: only my mum + my aunt (her sister) + her son (my cousin) + my grandmother = 4 pers.
I do have more relatives and even half sister from my fathers side. But I never met my half sister. I met my 2 girls-cousins tho, mostly in my child-teens age. I never seen them after 13-14 yo.
9. When first time I’ve travelled alone – I was 11 years old. I’ve travelled Russia by train (from the place I lived with my mum to the place my father and grandmother/grandfather lived) – it took 32 hrs.
10. I don’t like/understand big tennis. Honestly…I don’t know the rules and don’t understand what they are doing outta there, those 2 players, during almost 4 hrs. It’s madness!
I do love watch sports: mostly basketball, football, hockey, winter-sports (any group-sports) etc.
11. Not a big fan of the sauna. In general: swimming, water, bathing…is not my thing haha
12. I wanted to be librarian or journalist. But my mum never allowed me. Simply because it doesn’t work in my family: “be yourself or do what you love”-rule. The college was in another city and my mum was always scared of the bad influence lol so I’ve studied in the local college (i lived in the small town then) – to become a teacher.
13. I never envy. The grass is never greener…
“For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder…” James 3:16
“A tranquil heart gives life to the flesh, but envy makes the bones rot.” Proverbs 14:30
Living in Sweden/Born in USSR. Happy. Ayurvedic food. Healthy lifestyle. Dogs. Literature. Painting. Meditation/Yoga. I love my life.
"It does not matter how long you are spending on the earth, how much money you have gathered or how much attention you have received. It is the amount of positive vibration you have radiated in life that matters" A. Ray